Wednesday, 19 April 2017

A Weary Soul


Oh My Soul, why are you in despair? What pains you so? And, how long would you continue?

I know your fears. The fears of losing hope, of losing joy, of losing a relationship, of losing somebody you love. I know the sacrifices you have made, to give part of yourself to her, hoping that she would give part of hers in return, so that both can be whole. But, she has the right to choose, the right to give back, and the right to love. Your hopes and dreams cannot be forced, even more so, for your love when she does not want it.

However, all these things have yet come to pass, they are just fears, which are unfounded. Do not let them drag you down and drown you. Take up courage and hope. She may or may not be the one, and who knows it, but God. So don't you be weary, My Soul. For if you face the battle with the mindset of losing, then wouldn't the battle already be lost. Do what you can do and do what you must (but properly in God's eyes), and let time to tell if you would be victorious or beaten in this battle.      

My Soul, do remember as well, to continue to keep doing what you love and what you find pleasing to do. For it will help lighten your mood especially in these weary times. It has been a long time since you last took up the guitar, I long to hear your music even though they sound like shattered glass. I also miss your hand-drawn sketches, it seems that your busy life have taken up much of your leisure time. And, I do hope to see some new drawings from you soon, as I would really love to see them.

My Soul, this is how much I can console you for now. I really hope to see that you can return to your once joyful self. And, I really wish all the best to you, that no matter what the situation turn out to be, you will still take heart and move on. Here is a last reminder, in times of fear, in times of peace, never ever cease, to pray, hope and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment